Oslob, Cebu is a well-known province of Cebu because of the Whale Sharks that was discovered back 2011. Whale Sharks in Oslob is very famous for both locals and foreign alike. A lot of people are traveling to Oslob to get a chance to swim with the gentle giants in Oslob. There’s a lot of whale sharks in Oslob, it's not just one or two whale sharks in there. The whale sharks aren’t locked up as what the critics are saying about the gentle giants in Oslob. The whale sharks aren’t being touched by the tourists who swims with the gentle giants.
The gentle giants in Oslob is very famous not just because of the presence of whale sharks in the sea. It's because you can swim with them and you can get close enough with the gentle giants, but there’s a limit of how close you can get to the whale sharks. A lot of marine biologists are present each day to monitor the safety of the whale sharks and to ensure that nothing bad that could harm the whale sharks will ever occur.
Rules and Regulations of Whale Shark Watching in Oslob:
- All whale shark watchers must undergo orientation at the Briefing Center on the rules for interaction with whale sharks
- Whale shark watchers are limited to 30 minutes (I think this applies to those in boats)
- Life guards will be on site during whale watching hours
- Dive Centers bringing visitors must be accredited with the Municipality of Oslob (Turtle Bay Dive Resort is accredited)
- No feeding of whale sharks by unauthorized personnel
- Only staff from accredited organizations may guide visitors.