Dental implant helps to replace single or multiple missing teeth without affecting other teeth. They help in supporting the bridge of the teeth and are suitable for dentures.
These implants offer firm support that makes dentures stable and comfortable as a whole. The danger of teeth slipping out is reduced and hence, eliminates the need for partial dentures.
Different types of tooth implants
There are two main types of tooth implant that are used nowadays: those implants that are placed inside the bone and those that are placed on the top of the bone. Let’s know about these types in detail:
1. The first type of implant is the one that is placed directly inside the bone. It is a most common type of teeth implantation. Some of the implants placed inside the bone are screws, cylindrical, and plate.
2. In this type of dental implant, the bone is placed on the top of the bone and under the gum area.
These are generally used when the patient doesn’t have sufficient bone height to place another type of implants. This is known as custom based implants and differs from person to person.
Listed below are some of the benefits of Tooth Implants:
1. Implants are favorable and conservative process than bridges. In the process of bridges, the adjoining teeth are grounded properly to act as a support pair for the bridge.
However, in the process of same day dental implants the neighboring teeth are not affected in any way. So as compared to the bridges, dental implants are considered as a life saver.
2. The dental implant process makes the teeth look natural and also reestablishes the functions of the lost tooth. The patient can eat, chew and talk normally after the dental implant treatment. They don’t need to hide their smile.
3. Bone loss or gum infection is prevented as these implants are placed inside the bone and help in integrating with the bone.
4. Tooth implants are known as a cost-effective treatment in dental conditions as the only missing tooth is replaced without affecting other teeth.